The more you know yourself, the more you grow yourself!
- Increased awareness
- Everyone gets an opportunity to speak
- They become reflective about personal purpose and values
- Develops recognition of own strengths and areas for development
- Greater ownership, tools and skills for ongoing personal development
LIFE SKILLS DEVELOPED:
- Social Skills
- Critical thinking
TIME: 10-15 minutes
PREPARATION: Online Class Meeting on Microsoft Teams or Zoom
RESOURCES: Printed Handouts (If done in-person)
1. COVID Check-in
- Ask your students,”How do you feel about the recent COVID times?“
- Has your emotional wellbeing affected by the Pandemic? (Ask them to respond to each question in the chat-box or raise a hand to speak up!)
- Ask them questions shown in the above image, like “If your mental wellbeing was an animal, what would it be?”
2. Positively Wonderful
- Provide students with these printed handouts or share it during your online session.
- Let them share their feelings and perspectives with the rest of the class.
- Facilitate deeper discussions on positive thinking and how it affects our physical and mental health.
3. Fruit check-in
- Ask this question to the students, “If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be and why?“
- Use this check-in time to ‘read the room’ and decide how best to use these 10-15 minutes to see how is everyone doing in life.
- Encourage introverted students to share feelings with the class. Facilitate a deeper discussion on “How do they feel about themselves?”
4. Check-in with art!:
- Ask the students to take a piece of paper. Give them the following instructions:
- You have 60 seconds to draw something that can bring a positive change to the world around you!
- When you’ve finished, raise your hand so we can see you’re done.
- Now hold your picture up to the class or post it in the chat so everyone can see it. (For online sessions)
- Who would like to share thoughts and ideas on their drawing?
5. What’s Right for you?
- They shall choose any 3 phrases that describe what they want to do in life!
- Ask them to show their responses in the Chatbox. (if it is an online class)
- Let them share their ideas with the rest of the class.
- Encourage them to bring deeper insights into their ideas.