To think and develop an idea and figure out a way to present it.
- Express ideas in a different way
TIME: 20 minutes
PREPARATION: Some papers and pens
- Split the class into smaller teams of 3 or 4. Each team needs to have 4 pieces of A4 paper.
- Explain that they will need to answer the questions as a TEAM! Encourage all the members to contribute to this idea generation activity.
- Ask them to as quick as they can, write down:
- 10 products or organizations that are making the world a better place!
- 10 things that you could do with all the money you needed, to make the world a better place!
- 10 things you could do this weekend with the same money it would cost to buy a new phone, to make the world a better place!
- 10 things you could do with no money at all, to make the world a better place!
At the end of the session, facilitate sharing in a circle. Encourage each group to share what they think is their best, worst, most useful, most useless ideas were. Facilitate a deeper discussion on how do we be creative and generate innovative ideas.
Some points to reflect on:
- THERE ARE NO BAD IDEAS-Anything that starts a discussion is good, so say what you’re thinking!
- KEEP SHARING-The more you share, the more creative you will be and the better your ideas become.
- STRETCH YOUR IDEAS-Don’t worry if things are practical or possible, just extend your imagination to the maximum.