To consider how you could utilize your creative energy to form a story or express an idea.
- Improved flexible thinking
- Discovery of multi-dimensional ideas
- Seeing new concepts and connecting unrelated concepts
LIFE SKILLS DEVELOPED:
- Critical thinking
TIME: 30 minutes
PREPARATION: Create a new JAM for your class.
RESOURCES: Google Jamboard application
- Create a Google Jamboard page for this activity and name each frame as per the teams (for e.x. Team-1, Team-2, etc.). Share this link with the class.
- Divide the class into teams of 3-4 members and allow each team to go ‘breakout rooms’ (when using online zoom meetings)
- Introduce the activity. “You’ve got 20 minutes to create a Jamboard mind-map that supports a digital story about one or all of the 3Cs” (Creativity, critical thinking, collaboration)
- Students discuss and work as groups in online collaboration to frame up their stories.
- Once they are done, bring them back to the common class meeting. Display each JAM and have a deeper discussion with the teams about their stories.
Encourage students to share their reflections and feedback. Let them answer these questions:
- How did you get your creative idea to make this story?
- How hard was it to widen your creative thinking?
- Could you use this mind-map to create an actual digital story?