Topic: GAS Behaviour-Gas Laws
I have added some STEM resources developed and delivered in collaboration with Biology, P.E., Math, physics and ICT teachers.
- Applications of gas laws in mechanism of breathing: Pressure-volume changes (biology). “How does sports affect pressure volume changes in lungs”(P.E.) Click here for details
2. Gas learning stations: They learn with simple hands on practical activities that brings inquiry and stimulates their curiosity to develop a deeper understanding of this subject. Click here for details
3. Simulations-virtual labs-worksheets for the observations made on a particular level, deducing graphical relations, applying gas laws in calculations (Physics/ Math) Click here for details
4. Interactive quiz on Quizizz (Formative Assessment-Integration with real life applications) Encourage students to sit in groups of three students to use tablets to log in to their LMS account and then visit the following quiz site: https://quizizz.com/admin. They will click on ‘join a game’ and ‘enter game code’ to play to check their concept understanding by solving 5 questions. Click here for details
5. Interdisciplinary STEM Project: By the end, students grasp the concept of Gas laws and understand many real life applications connected to different subjects. They are challenged to do a STEM Project of designing a Website of GAS LAWS (bilingual, integrating real life applications of different disciplines) following the steps of system development life cycle SDLC (Integration with ICT). Students divide them into subgroups to proceed for each stage. They get engaged with complex ideas, including the ability to transfer and apply ideas and skills to new situations. Click here for details
6. STEM Workshop-Behaviour of Gases: (Highly recommended resource) I have developed a STEM module to teach “Gases” with STEM approach. The activities utilized are student-centered and engages them throughout.
The session promotes interconnections in subject areas through rich and varied activities. Teaching strategies and techniques are employed to support the STEM integration practice.
Students are encouraged to participate in an Engineering design project where they apply their STEM skills to solve a real-world problem. Click here for details